Major provisions of PWM Rules, 2016 and Amendment in 2018
- Disincentivise use of poly-bags by setting up a pricing mechanism
- Recycling by local authorities
- Complete ban on plastics below 50 microns
- Phasing out use of multi-layered packaging within 2 years .
- Introduce EPR for producers, importers and brand owners.
- Explicit pricing of carry bags removed
- Complete ban on non-recyclable multilayered plastic removed
- Substituted by multi-layered plastic which is non-recyclable or non-energy recoverable or with no alternate use